Monday, June 28, 2010

We Went to A Dance by Elita Sohmer Clayman

We had a victory last night. We went to a studio dance after not having danced for over 26 months. This was due to being in an accident two years ago.So we did not dance at all for that length of time.

Wow, how wonderful to be there at a gorgeous studio named Promenade. Rightly named because it is a promenade of a place. We stayed for 2 hours and danced 4 dances which was fine for going back for the first time in a long time.

How wonderful to be there and to be part of a dance community and especially at our senior ages 76 and 80. Up to the accident where a man was texting and hit us and the car hard, we had danced weekly on Sundays, had fun, had exercise and wonderful for our hearts and soul.

To be back was a dream come through for me. I in the two years imagined many times the feeling I would have upon returning and performing my beloved hobby of over 33 years-that of dancing.

Today I feel whole, well, happy and that I accomplished something extraordinary. I did, I became a ballroom dancer once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment